My Current Project

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Testing Food Truck Concluded

For the past couple weeks I have been playing in Lost Lake, paying close attention to the Food Trucks. I am relieved to say that I have not encountered any problems with the trucks. The only significance I can report is that in all the installments of Lost Lake, and all the times I played, the trucks appear after midnight, and they do spawn in different locations.

However, the longer I played an installment the more frequently I discovered the trucks enroute during daylight hours. But, this could be explained as the trucks leaving their over-night operations.
















After I was completely satisfied that the food trucks were working properly, I tested the second phase of my hunch. I placed CC food truck parking spaces in a small park and at the beach. I just placed the parking space object, not the food truck object, and a food truck did visit that lot.

This object can be found at Mod The Sims
Special note: The article claims that, when using this mod, food trucks will not travel between the different locations. That is only correct if the world in which the objects are placed has not been coded to be a city. Lost Lake has been coded to be a city, and therefore, it does have fully functioning food trucks.

No comments: