My Current Project

Sunday, May 20, 2012

One Hunch Pays Off . . . about the food trucks in TS3


























In a previous post about Lost Lake I had mentioned that I was experimenting with some things so as to test some hunches. One thing I wanted to test was the food trucks. Since I am not using custom content, and since "food trucks" are locked objects, I've been hoping to find a way to have food trucks in my created world (without having to resort to using the "buyable food trucks mod" or any mod that unlocks these items).

Some time ago I had discovered the mod that unlocks the food trucks (as well as the mods that would give my game food trucks and parking spaces objects), and in the mod's description it was suggested that at least three "food truck parking spaces" would need to be placed throughout town in order for the trucks to make their rounds. So, this got me thinking (yes, dangerous, I know). Since I have coded Lost Lake to be a city, I imported all of the lots with "food truck parking spaces" from Bridgeport. I placed these lots based on my city's layout (not resembling that of Bridgeport). The important thing was that I have at least three lots with the "food truck parking space". I ended up with more than three. I also placed the lot so that the parking space was next to a road (I don't know if this makes any difference). Lastly, I did not move the parking space on the lot, but rather made any adjustments or creations around the space.

Today marks the third day that I have been playing the latest installment of Lost Lake, and I had intended to test the dance club. So, after sending my Sim to that location, I was pleased to find a food truck on the lot. The next phase of testing this hunch is to later add a modded parking space and food truck (I want to determine if that was the culprit in creating the freezing in Laural Falls).
But as it stands at the moment, it seems it is possible to have food trucks in user-created worlds.

As for the over-all testing . . .
Things are still moving along nicely in Lost Lake . . .  no freezing or jumping.
A vampire did appear last night (for the first time), and today there are no problems.
The only negative aspect I'm having is the terrain tearing. I have also noticed that the bridge (which had no problems in the previous installations) now has to be lowered. I'm thinking this is connected with what ever is causing the terrain tears.

No comments: