My Current Project

Monday, July 2, 2012

Ice-cream!





I had pretty much decided that I would upload Lost Lake today for downloading, but . . .
Someone surprised me today with a copy of Sims 3 Pets.
When the Pets EP was first released, I had not intended to ever install it, but since it was a gift, I'm willing to bite the bullet, and now I just have to have a look at it since it's in my grubby little paws (yes, that pun was intended  :) ) So, I'm postponing the Lost Lake upload until I can determine if it would be worth the time to add some of the Pet objects to the Lost Lake world.
I'm thinking it's best to leave things as they are, but I'll give it a day or so before I make a final decision. I have had a look at the world provided by the Pets EP, and I didn't enjoy it much . . . not nearly as much as I have enjoyed playing in Lost Lake.
So, I returned to Lost Lake, picking up where I left off. My sims went on vacation (again), and when they returned home, an ice-cream truck was parked outside their apartment building. I'm assuming this is the result of installing the Pets EP  :)
So, my sim treated herself to an ice-cream cone, but instead of eating it straight away, she climbed into a cab and drove across town. (I followed her, of course). She got out at the big park in the center of town (never mind that her apartment building is right next to a park), and she sat at a picnic table and ate her ice-cream cone. If she sits there long enough, she'll be able to catch a snack from one of the food trucks.  :)

As for the progress of Lost Lake . . . 
I have been playing this last installment for a week, and I've not had any problems. It's turned out quite nicely, and the thing I like the best about this world is that it's easy to maneuver through it, without your sims having to spend half a sim day getting from point A to point B.

No comments: