My Current Project

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Vampires


Marissa Wolfe

Actually, I've had a bit of fun creating these two. They provided me with the opportunity to actually play the game again. And though they have detoured me from the Yachts project, it's most likely been a much needed break.
So far, as the testing goes, these two are completely functioning vampires, and I have been testing them in Laural Falls. As of this posting, I have had no problems with them in Laural Falls.



Draykin Wolfe
 

I've tried to isolate these two as much as possible so as not to create friendships that might interfere in others' games. I intend to keep them isolated until the mansion is complete. At that point, I will package them and the lot. Once they are packaged, I can test them further and make sure the vampire things in Laural Falls are working correctly.




Draykin was created first, and so, I had to have him meet with a local vampire. Fortunately, it didn't take him too long to get a vampire to turn him, and he didn't cross the paths of too many Sims.  So, they are as generic as I can possibly make them without resorting to custom content or cheats. 


Neither of them have careers, leaving it up to to the individual player to make that choice. However, the game requires, when creating them, that I assign character and personality traits and life-time wishes. So, they are predisposed to certain careers. I tried to assign them traits that would lead them into careers suitable to vampires. But, considering they are "filthy rich", having a career or not won't make much difference.
They both have acquired minimal skills. It's inevitable to avoid that while getting them through the transition into vampires.
One thing I am considering, is leveling up Draykin's gardening skill, so that plasma fruit is already provided on the lot when I package it. However, Draykin has not been given traits indicative of those to a farmer. Of course, being a vampire, he hates the outdoors, which causes a conflict when it comes to him gardening.

I'm sure that you've noticed they aren't white/gray like the vampires in the game. I wanted them to look more natural . . .  perhaps an influence from "Being Human". They are, however extremely pale when compared to "normal Sims" in the game. Also, in game, their eyes are more amber than they appear in the photos.

Needless to say, I am temporarily abandoning the Yachts section while I complete the Wolfe's mansion. I have 80% of the mansion complete, so it shouldn't take too much more time.

No comments: