My Current Project

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Still Lovin' the Glitches

OK, all-righty-then . . . it would appear that I spoke too soon.
After importing the Wolfe family into Laural Falls, I did not encounter any problems the first few hours I tested things. However, when attempting to test again, I ran into a lot of mishaps (for lack of a better description).
The first thing that went wrong was that I could not launch the game, and even now I have to go into the program files and access the .exe file directly to launch the game. The EADM will not launch at all. I would later discover that CAW was not able to completely access the game either, which led to a rollback and re-creation of a day's work.
The second thing I discovered was that after all the testing I've done, I've never encountered a vampire. Interestingly enough, after importing the Wolfe family of vampires, I am now encountering vampires throughout Laural Falls. 
But the most interesting discovery made I managed to capture in a screenshot . . . 



























I've got three townies who have taken residence on the bridge, and I literally ran into them. They are not members of the same family, and in all the years I've played this game, I've never had Sims standing on my bridge. They don't seem to want to leave, either.

Is all this coincidental? 
I think not.

But, unfortunately, I did things I shouldn't have done, and know not to do. Like for instance, I dropped some custom content files into the game, because I was getting anxious to try out a few things that require these files. This will all be explained in further detail when the world is available for download. But, I promise, that world will not have any custom content in it, unlike the world I will be playing.

So, I'm thinking some of the problems are a result of the CC, but I have no way of knowing until I get things working properly again, and then testing without the CC.

As for any problems that may have been caused by importing the vampires . . . 
Once again, I was rushing things. I'm thinking I should have installed the vampires and not imported.
But, it also could be that much of what I've read about vampires in a created world is inaccurate. I'm leaning towards the belief that creating families in-game and then sharing them with other gamers in other games is risky. The Sims' memories have always been a source of problems, and many talented modders have written code to try to fix the problems associated with "Sim memories".

It just might be that given enough time, the game will generate vampires in a newly created world, and perhaps the only coincidence in all these events is vampires showing up in Laural Falls after I forced two of them into it.

So, back to the drawing board . . . 



No comments: