My Current Project

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Vampires Resolved


























To be completely honest, I have no idea if importing vampires from a different game is what caused the the glitches in my game. However, I can tell you that the game will create vampires in a newly created world. It pretty much generates all things you will find in the original game, provided you have the particular EPs installed. The key is to be patient and "wait for it"  :)

I have exported updated versions of Laural Falls three times since I first encountered the problems mentioned in the earlier post, and in all cases I noticed the appearance of vampires after approximately six game days. Today, after exporting the most recently updated Laural Falls, I received a visit from a burglar at the Vampire Mansion almost immediately after loading the lot. I found this interesting because I don't get many burglars in my game. Even more interesting, is that I had to delete the vampire lot (to fix something), and when I installed the fixed lot, the burglar appeared again. However, in the second scenario the burglar got away, unlike that of the first incident.

I have just added the insect and gems spawners, into Laural Falls, so I don't have any findings on their spawn times yet. I have noticed that my bartenders don't report to their work places until the second game day.

The fish, of course, spawn immediately, and in my game it seems that butterflies and seeds take one game day to spawn. I am still looking for the fire flies to spawn. 

As to how all of this will affect my vampires . . . 
I've chosen not to offer them as an exchange, because I am quite leery of how Sims memories affect the game. However, I have placed the Vampire Mansion in Laural Falls as a residence. It is the most expensive lot in Laural Falls. One thing I noticed, and I will be watching this carefully to see if it repeats . . . when I moved my Sim into the Mansion, he instantly gained Celebrity status, and a gold star appeared above the lot.

No comments: