My Current Project

Friday, April 6, 2012

Available Soon For Download

I am in the midst of the final testing, and so far everything is working beautifully. That is, I'm trying to convince myself that all is good, otherwise, I'll keep finding things to tweak and never get this thing uploaded.
But, really, things look pretty good. I have not found any serious problems, or any problems that need to be corrected. I'm almost having to sit on my hands, because I keep adding things here and there.

I have completed testing the clean version of Laural Falls, and I am currently testing the version with mods added.

Tying up loose ends from a previous post, I determined that the Sims spawning and getting stuck on the bridge was caused by a faulty skin mod. It seems to be a "jump bug" which is common with corrupted or badly coded mods.  So, a lesson to the wise . . . should this happen in your game the easy step is using the "resetsim [sim name]" code to return the sim to its home, and then the difficult part is going through the tedious process of determining which of your mods is causing the problem. 
*Once again, let me emphasize . . . the Laural Falls that I will upload to the Exchange will NOT have any custom content contained within it.

There are some things that EA has not unlocked in CAW, like the Food Trucks. There is a mod available for this that unlocks this item. I am using it in MY game without experiencing any issues, and I will provide a link to that download for those who want to have the food truck in Laural Falls. The clean version of Laural Falls has the places marked with yellow stripes and orange cones where the Food Trucks should be placed if they are incorporated into your game.

There is one more mod I need to place in my game and test it, so that I can provide the link to that item as well for those who want to use it. This mod enhances the campground found in Laural Falls.

I hope to have Laural Falls uploaded to the Exchange by the end of this weekend.

No comments: